So, on the advice of some people who gave birth to me, I'm going to tell you about the musical we are doing this year (which I'm not in but still manage to have tons of practice). Concordia is doing Two Gents a musical version of Shakespeare's Two Gentleman of Verona (my friends call it, Two Assholes of Verona, teehee). This play is very very confusing and stupid. I'll be the first one to say it.
Proteus loves Julia and gets her preggers. He's besties with Valentine who goes to Milan and falls in love with Sylvia. Sylvia is supposed to marry Thurio but she loves Eglamour. Proteus goes off to Milan to visit Valentine and falls in love with Sylvia too and becomes a really big d-bag. Julia and her friend Lucetta go to Milan dressed as men (Two gentleman of verona eh eh!) to find Proteus and tell him he's going to be a daddy. Eglamour saves Sylvia from marrying Thurio but then dies or goes somewhere I don't really even know and then there's a dragon fight. Yes, you read right. A Chinese dragon fight!! Then Proteus tries to kidnap Sylvia and Valentine saves her and then Julia and Lucetta reveal themselves and Proteus falls back in love with Julia.
The final couples are: Julia and Proteus, Valentine and Sylvia, Lucetta and Thurio, and Speed and a random Milkmaid (Speed is Valentine's servant).
If you didn't follow that, join the club. I rarely remember what happens and I'm at rehearsal. Not to mention this crazy play is to music written by the people who wrote Hair. Yep, Two Gents is a hippy show, with sexual innuendos and drug references that will be fit for that generation (cough, Mom, Dad, Becky, Greg, Shorty, Dave even Cough!!) The only people who can really enjoy this play will either be drunk or on acid (or smoking marijuana cigarettes!!), it is that crazy.
This is what my life is now. Needle and spoon references and crazy hippy dances.
3 comments:
A hippy musical with drug, sex, rock and roll...seems sort of out of character for a Lutheran college, but whatever! I'll enjoy seeing your friends in it and knowing that you helped with the choreography, no matter how weird it is! :-)
I wish I thought of that play! It sounds amazing. But seriously what is up with directors choosing the stupidest musicals ever because they want to be different?
I'm confused just reading that description - maybe it's because I have never smoked a "joint" (There is that the right word everyone?!?!) Anyway, I'm sure the dancing will be spectacular!! :) See you soon Mal?? Love you, Becky "GO BISON"!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment