Oh Becky! You know I'm teasing!
I had a busy weekend relaxing at the lake. Well, to be honest, I've had a relaxing May. Ristreto is still not open so I am still unemployed but hopefully that will change very soon.
As to what I've been doing to occupy my time for the past three weeks: Reading. I've read so many books I can't even count and because I'm an addict (to books, that is) I haven't really made a dent in my to-read pile because I keep buying books(because good ones keep popping up!!). I also visited Shannon and we went to two concerts! M.I.A. ( a Sri Lankan rapper) was very interesting but it was standing room only so my personal bubble was invading by many many people that night. The next night we went to KT Tunstall who sings the Big Black Horse and Cherry Tree song (PLAY THE WOO HOO SONG!! WOO HOO!!). She was much more my style but we didn't really get to stand up during the concert which was lame. She was very impressive and sounds exactly like her cd which is a very good thing for me.
I've also been to a few movies:
Baby Mama!
Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are my new idols. Tina Fey doesn't get to shine as much as Amy Poehler in the movie because she has to play the straight man to Poehler's crazy character but it was funny and I liked it very much. (also 30 Rock which stars Tina Fey as Liz Lemon is amazingly funny and you should watch it!)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
I happen to really like the humor that is found in Knocked Up and Superbad which is present in this movie. I also love Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars!) and the main male character in it who's name I forgot. It was funny and cute. Kenneth from 30 Rock is in it which is a plus too!
Iron Man
Very good! I love Robert Downey jr. and he really is perfect in this movie. I'm not a Gwynethy Paltrow fan and her poor character's name is Pepper Potts which is possibly the worst name I've ever heard. I couldn't really get into the movie everytime she was there because someone would be "Pepper!" or "Potts" and then I would sigh over the tragedy of her name. but that's my only complaint! Very Good!
Indiana Jones
Shia Labeouf is in it. That is enough for me!
Well, that's enough updating. Maybe I should have updated earlier....whew!
3 comments:
didnt I tell you that my future child's name is going to be Pepper Potts? dont hate!
See that wasn't so hard was it?? And look how much you had to tell us!! You have alot more excitement in your life than I do for goodness sake! Love you.
Yes, you had a lot to say!
Your "nagging aunt" updated before you did and included pictures, so I believe you are still behind!
Although, you included movie reviews which I enjoyed. So, maybe it is a tie. :-)
Post a Comment