Monday, August 11, 2008

I wish I were in China....sorta

Who's ready for the Olympics???

I am! And you should be too! Especially since they've already started. I've missed the swimming and gymnastics already though I did get to watch volleyball and rowing (not my favorite). And the opening ceremony was actually cool! Unlike past ceremonies that did not make any sense to me whatsoever (Australia, I'm looking at you.), this opening ceremony had the right amount of whimsy (good word) and artistry that you could still understand the point of everything. The moving boxes were amazing if not scary (there were people inside them!) and the painting thing was cool too.

But now we're ready for the games to begin. Michael Phelps, despite your weird under bite, I'm still in love with you. I hope he wins everything, if only to see him in his swimsuit as often as possible.
Nastia Lukin and Shawn Johnson are my two new favorite people to watch. Shawn Johnson freaks me out a great deal for being so cute and yet being able to do all of those amazing feats without breaking a sweat. Nastia Lukin may not be the favorite (Shawn Johnson is) but she rocks the uneven bars like nobody's business. She did have a slight fall in the qualifiers but I still believe in her. Yay! Olympics!

No comments: