And today was one of those days.
I don't want to get into what made the day bad but I can get into what made it better.
First, my sister. Cuz she knows the reaction I want to get.
Second, my old friend Robyn who I never hang out with came to hang out with me. We've known each other since eighth grade. That's a very long time at least for me.
Third, Enchanted, because it's a funny movie with good songs.
Fourth, Pride and Prejudice because it is a wonderful wonderful book and movie and it makes me happy everytime I watch it. It's my cry movie, my get-well movie, and my comfort movie. Yes, Mom and Dad, Spice World has been replaced but that's what happens when people get older. Their tastes mature and grow. There's only so many times I can watch the Spice Girls get into all their crazy shenanigans before I get tired. (That's not true. I could still watch it!)
The good thing that came from today: I realized that when people tell me I can't do something, I just get pissed and decide I'm going to do something. It's good to know I'm not discouraged that easily.
Word!
2 comments:
It used to be that "Mom" and yes, Spice World, could make you feel better. But, I am happy to know that you have other options and know how to make the best of them. :-)
You have been told/taught from a young age that you can do whatever you set your mind to ... well you couldn't just walk out the front door and down the street by yourself to visit whats-her-name when you were 3 years old ... but I digress. You are a strong and independent young woman and I am very proud of you.
Maybe you will share what made your day so terrible with me at some point. I'll be listening whenever/if you want to.
Mom
XXXO
Meatloaf was their bus driver!! Also, "Put your legs together or it'll just shoot out like a cannonball!"
Post a Comment